Douglas County    City of Omaha    Website Issues   


Bookmark and Share


Report non-emergency Minor Property Crime or Incident Using the Telephone Report Squad System:

Phone Number: (402) 444-4877

The following are examples of non-emergency minor property crimes that can be reported through the OPD's TRS system or in person.

  • Destruction of Property - Motor Vehicle
  • Destruction of Property - All Other
  • Theft (Not burglary)
  • Theft from Motor Vehicle
  • Suspicious Activity

You can report a minor property crime (not a vehicle accident or a serious felony) by calling our Telephone Report Squad (TRS) at (402) 444-4877.

These calls must concern crime incidents where

  • the incident occurred within the Omaha city limits
  • there is no evidence to collect
  • the suspect is no longer in the area
  • there are no injuries

This line is staffed from 6 AM through 2 AM. Depending on the existing call load, you may be asked to leave your name and number for a call back.


Related Links:


Filing a Police Report

Report a Crime in Person