Douglas County    City of Omaha    Website Issues   


Bookmark and Share


Filing a Police Report

Call 911 if:

  • you have an emergency
  • a¬†crime is in progress
  • a crime involved a serious felony or injury
  • a crime occurred inside or outside the city limits

Calls to 911 are prioritized by the seriousness of the incident. Response times will vary due to the nature of the calls being handled at the time your call is made.


The following are examples of serious felonies that must be reported through 911 to ensure a response of a police officer on the scene as soon as possible:

  • Homicide
  • Sexual Assault
  • Serious Bodily Injury
  • Motor Vehicle Theft
  • Robbery etc.

Related Links:


Report non-emergency Minor Property Crime or Incident

Report a Crime in Person