Douglas County    City of Omaha    Website Issues   


Bookmark and Share


Reporting Traffic Accidents 

Every operator of a motor vehicle involved in an accident resulting in the following must complete and return a State of Nebraska Driver’s Motor Vehicle Accident Report within 10 days following the accident. 

  • Injury
  • Death
  • damages over $1,000 to the property of any one person (including the operator)

If the driver is physically unable to fill out the report, the owner of the motor vehicle is required to do so.  


If you have difficulty filling out the report, consult your insurance agent or nearest police authority.  Failure to report an accident as required is a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of $50. 


If you have any questions about filling out the report, please call The Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles at (402) 479-4645 or visit their website.