- A Vehicle Auction is held every Saturday at 10:00 A. M. Any exceptions will be advertised on the webpage. Registration for bidder numbers begins at 9:00 a.m.
- Every person entering the auction lot is required to post a $50 (Exact change) deposit. NO CHECKS.
- Every person entering the auction lot must show a valid U.S. driver’s license and have a bidder number, which is clearly displayed to the guard at the gate and the auctioneer.
- No one under the age of 21 is allowed in the sale lot.
- Bidders who purchase vehicles may apply the $50 towards the purchase price of the vehicle. Any bidder that does not pay for the vehicle they have purchased will forfeit their deposit and be banned from future auctions. The item that was bid on will be reauctioned the following week.
- Buyers of vehicles/equipment will be required to pay a buyer’s fee. This fee will be in addition to the sale price.
This “Buyer’s Fee” shall be paid directly to the Auction Company who is conducting the vehicle auction. Vehicles selling for $20 or less will not be subject to this fee. The buyer’s fee is $20 for all vehicles between $20 and $200 and 10% for all vehicles purchased for $200 and above.
- Each bidder must return their badge immediately following the auction ( by 12:00 PM ) or they will lose their deposit. Bidder badges may not be returned before the end of the auction. Permanent bidder badges are available on a yearly basis. A $50 deposit is needed for a permanent bidder badge. If a weekly or permanent bidder badge is lost the deposit is forfeited. To gain another badge an additional deposit of $50 is required.
- All vehicles are sold on an AS IS basis. NO RETURNS.
- All vehicles purchased must be paid for by 12:00 p.m. (noon) on the same day as purchased. NO EXCEPTIONS. All transactions areCASH ONLY.
- All vehicles must be removed from the auction lot by 8 PM on Sunday immediately following the Saturday auction. All vehicles left after that time and moved by City Of Omaha personnel with City Of Omaha equipment, will be assessed a fee of $35 per vehicle.
- Upon completion of the sale, all bidders are responsible for the vehicle they have purchased. Any items or vehicles damaged or missing will not be the responsibility of the City of Omaha. Vehicles that are parked on City property longer than 48 hours after the auction ends, will be re-impounded and charges will accrue.
PERSONAL PROPERTY AUCTION:
- A Personal Property Auction will be held on the first Saturday of each month. Any exceptions will be advertised on the website.
- Attendees should line up at the gate to the East of the building at 9:00 a.m.
- No bidder number or cash deposit is required.
- All articles are sold AS IS, CASH ONLY, NO CHECKS.
- All bidders are responsible for their property and removal of such immediately following the conclusion of the auction.
- During inclement weather, please take extra precautions to watch your step.
- The auction lot gate will remain unlocked for vehicle removal until 8:00 p.m. on Saturday and will re-open Sunday morning at 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Sunday evening.
- Any person caught removing items from vehicles or littering on City of Omaha Vehicle Impound property will be criminally prosecuted. In addition, the person or persons will be banned from that day’s auction and all future auctions.
If you have any questions, please contact Sonny Phillips at the CITY OF OMAHA Impound lot, 444-5785.
[ Rev. 4/14 ]