Douglas County    City of Omaha    Website Issues   


Bookmark and Share


What to do After Your Vehicle Has Been Stolen

Vehicle theft should be reported as soon as possible.


Stolen vehicles are sometimes used in the commission of other crimes. Quick action often results in recovery of your vehicle. In order for the vehicle to be listed as stolen, you must have your vehicle's license number and/or the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).


If you do not have this information when a theft occurs, call your insurance company as they may have your VIN number on file. Contact the police immediately. Report the theft loss to your insurance company's claim department if you have comprehensive insurance which provides coverage for car theft.